Thought Garden Teen Book
Thought Garden, Teen Edition
by Laura Jenkins
Real help for difficult thoughts and emotions.
Do you ever feel trapped by thoughts that leave you angry, sad, stressed, or worried? We all do! Thoughts are powerful, and if we aren’t careful, they can take deep roots and control our lives. The Teen Edition of Thought Garden is a Christ-centered mindfulness resource created to help identify troubling emotions and plant God’s truth in their place!
This workbook includes:
- 13 beautifully illustrated chapters guiding you step by step towards a deeper understanding of your thoughts and feelings from a Christian perspective
- D.W.E.L.L. for teens – a simple yet effective practice that combines God’s truth with neuroplasticity to create healthy thoughts
- Linger for teens – Located at the end of each chapter, these prayers are designed to help you meditate on God’s promises and form a deeper connection to him.
- Encouragement, scripture, quotes, and prayers to support you while you learn to think about your thoughts and feelings from God’s perspective.
- Space to reflect and journal as you work through each chapter. Additional room to write is located at the back of the book.
The teenage years are filled with difficult emotions, and controlling them isn’t easy. But with the help of the Master Gardener, you can have a healthy thought life!
As I began to place my identity back in the one who created me I started to notice my thoughts shift. Instead of thinking negative thoughts of myself, I started to believe the wonderful truth that I am good because He is good. Instead of looking at my imperfections in the mirror, I would look at myself and say “I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” Constantly correcting my thoughts to God’s truths helped me tremendously when it came to finding my identity in him, and replacing Satan’s lies with bible verses allowed me to find joy that went beyond my circumstances.
Laura, I just finished reading your book, and wow. It’s incredible. I’ve told all my friends to get it because I think it’s amazing. I’ve read it every day for the past 18 days and I really feel like I have grown so much from it. I really needed to hear all the words you wrote and to be directed to all the verses in the chapters and I know I grew from the journaling and received such peace from the meditation. I just want to thank you for writing it because it is so special to my life now and has really helped me in huge ways the past couple of weeks. Thank you so much for writing it, I really look up to you!
The Thought Garden in my opinion is one of the best adult devotional workbooks available. Laura not only presents and explains a much-needed topic in today’s world but lends her expertise in mitigating negative thinking and suggesting mindfulness techniques that are data-driven and psychologically and emotionally important. I appreciate how she fluidly takes traditions like breathing exercises and meditation, which aren’t widely promoted in Christianity, and teaches the reader how to seek God in moments of solitude and study and how these techniques benefit the mind, body, and soul. It’s unlike any other devotional or workbook I’ve ever read before.